Friday, April 11, 2008

WEEKEND HOMEWORK: QUIZ Yourself!

Now that you've learned about an expansive amount of history from your classmates (1789-1850), it's time to test yourself on the information. Teachers call this "assessment" or checking a student's comprehension of a subject. Each group has created and posted a quiz on their blog. These quizzes will help you review the main points of each group's lesson. You can take each quiz as many times as you want. The group that created the quiz will receive e-mails that keep them posted on how you're doing. I will make selections from these student-created questions when I write the final quiz for next Friday (The conclusion of our Young Nation project).

You will find each group's quiz on their blog. The links are listed in the right column. If a group does not have a blog, please post a comment on their blog to motivate them! You should take each quiz at least once by Monday (April, 14, 2008).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Shaddox,

Is it okay if I thought I found some errors on one of the groups quizzes. I left them a comment but also want to copy you on it so you can see and tell me if my facts are right or if I am being miss lead and have my facts wrong.

This is what I said...

"Maya,

I wanted to correct you on some of your questions. On Question 2 you said that the third president was John Adams but it was actually Thomas Jefferson. He took office in 1801 after winning the 1800 election for the third president.

And on Question 15 you said the President George Washington was the only president to personally lead troops in to battle but Andrew Jackson also led troops in to battle during the Battle of New Orleans. Then we won the battle and it was know as one of America's greatest achievements/ battles fought and won.

I just wanted to tell you what I know. Because I think you might have your facts wrong."

-- Katie Brooks

Mr. Shaddox said...

Katie,

Yes, we definitely want our classmates to know if they have inaccurate information.

QUESTION 2: Correct! John Adams was 2nd. Jefferson was 3rd president.

QUESTION 15: Incorrect. Technically, George Washington was the only president to lead troops into battle during his term as head of the executive branch. Jackson led during the Battle of New Orleans (1815), which was 14 years before his presidency.

Thanks for the fact checking!